PRESS & MEDIA

We are happy to share our insights and experience. In particular, we provide media partners with expert knowledge in the following areas:


Human resources: recruiting, human resources planning, human resources development, coaching, audits

Management: management competence, strategy, leadership, organisational development

Innovation: change, co-creation, digitalisation, new working environments

Job market: trends, professional application, professional (re)-positioning, career

Internationalisation: expansion, intercultural competence, CEE/SEE, merger support


For additional (background) information or concrete requests, please contact:

Othmar Hill

Othmar Hill

HILL Brand Ambassador

HILL International Network Office
Schwarzenbergplatz 7
1030 Wien

As a media representative, you may use the photos offered here free of charge.


However, please be aware of the credit of the photos:

Webersdorfer GmbH and a.c. schiffleitner (photo Dr. Othmar Hill)

Upper Austria Partners will take over HILL International

Manfred Webersdorfer and his team will acquire 76 percent – the founder, Othmar Hill, will remain the brand ambassador for some years to come.

One of the doyens of personnel consulting, Othmar Hill, is gradually retiring from operational business, selling the majority of HILL International to his most successful franchisee. Manfred Webersdorfer (57) and his management team will initially acquire 76 percent and in a few years the remaining 24 percent of HILL International, based in Vienna. Othmar Hill (72) will remain the brand ambassador for several years to come.

Webersdorfer, who has years of business experience as a board member of the logistics specialist TGW in Wels, has made HILL in Upper Austria into the most successful franchisee in the international HILL network. Six of ten Upper Austrian business enterprises draw on the expertise of the team centring on Webersdorfer and the co-owners Elisabeth Punzhuber (39) and Markus Mülleder (44), who likewise have professional experience in industry, after running business in Upper Austria in conjunction with Webersdorfer.

The group will continue to operate under the name of HILL International.  The holding company will be run by Webersdorfer and the experienced personnel consultant Josef Buttinger, who was last the country consultant for Austria at an international concern of personnel consultants and is the founder and president of the HR Lounge. Buttinger is also in charge of operations in eastern Austria and maintaining the partner network.

So, HILL International will continue to exist with its 200 consultants and 20 franchisees regionwide in 20 countries from Austria to Moscow and Kazakhstan following the retirement of the founder, Othmar Hill. “My life’s work will be maintained and further expanded by my successful partners from Upper Austria”, says Hill. Webersdorfer, too, is happy with the deal. “The strongest HILL network partner will now take over the headquarters. At the same time, we will expand the range of services for our customers”, says the new CEO.

Beyond the existing business network, HILL International will support not only staff recruiting and the filling of top positions, but formulates its consulting approach in holistic terms. “It extends from recruiting to developing and retaining top personnel, but also deals with the severance process”, says Webersdorfer.

Together with his team, he deliberately decided to implement the takeovers during a difficult business period. “We have appropriately prepared for the difficult period and do not expect any decisive recovery for our sector this year. But with our equity base and our broad consulting approach, we can survive crises like this one more easily than other providers”, says the new majority shareholder Webersdorfer, who, with his team, supports customers not only in recruiting the best talents, but also performs as a holistic premium consultant with additional consulting services in the field of staff development and retention. In order consistently to implement this comprehensive consulting approach and expand the field of HILL Management, the company has been able to gain Sigrid Leutgeb-Webersdorfer, a highly experienced HR manager with 25 years of professional practice, last working for companies like BRP-Rotax or SKF. “By focussing on the human being in consulting, we more than live up to our motto ‘People who inspire’”, Manfred Webersdorfer states.